May 15, 2007

SAWYER BROWN

Okay so i know this post will be a little long... but after having this song sent to me, it just made me think about somethings..... It truly spoke to my heart, i hope it does yours too.

A mother riding on a city bus
kids are yelling kicking up a fuss
everybody's staring not knowing what she's going through
somebody said don't you even care
and do you let them do that everywhere
she slowly turned around, looked up and stared.

She said, "Please forgive them
they've been up all night
their father struggled
but he finally lost his fight
he went to heaven
in the middle of the night
so please forgive my children
they don't understand."

Chorus:
Everybody's busy with their own situation
everybody's lost in their own little world bottled up, hurried up, trying to
make a dream come true
they don't understand everybody's livin' like there ain't no tomorrow
maybe we should stop and take a little time
cause you never really know what your neighbor's going through
they don't understand.

A man driving on the interstate
slowing down traffic making everybody wait
everybody's staring not knowing what he's going through
somebody honked from the passing lane
yelling out the window "hey I ain't got all day"
the old man looked around and he caught his eye.

He said, "Please forgive me
you know it's been a long life
my wife has passed away
and my kids don't have the time
I've been left all alone
and it's getting hard to drive
so please forgive me, children
they don't understand."

Repeat chorus

A man hanging on a wooden cross
giving everything to save the lost
everybody's staring
not knowing what he's going through
somebody said "you don't have a prayer
if you're the king come on down from there"
the man just turned his head
looked up and stared.

He said "please forgive them
for they have not seen the light
but they'll come to know me
when I come back to life
and go to heaven
to make everything all right
so please forgive your children
they don't understand.

Repeat chorus

A mother riding on a city bus
kids are yelling kickin' up a fuss
everybody's staring
not knowing what she's going through.

When you started writing, I asked, did you know the song would get to Jesus?

No comments: