July 28, 2007

Questions & Thoughts

This is where the Reunion was today!!!

Well today was the "Lamb Family Reunion" down in New Brockton (for those of you that don't know where that is, don't blink are you might miss it)... But i do admit, I learned somethings while i was there...

1. Who Howard Lamb was.......
  • This is Granny Esther's Father.... (We had to put on name tags, telling everyone who we were, and who we were from.... Lamb wise).
2. I had 5 people tell me today that I looked just like...... Granny Esther
  • Wow, How cool is that???? You know growing up, I had always heard people tell everyone in the family that Alice was the spitting image of her, (which that explains now why i always wanted to be pretty much like alice when i was younger)... Hair color, frinkles and all.... You tell me, what do you think??? Of course you all know what I look like!!!!

3. I know that's the first Lamb event, i have been to since Grandaddy died, I know that's not a good thing, and NO, I am not bragging about that. It was actually great to see family that I don't see very often, and also family that I talk to on a daily basis... (Connie, you would be included on the latter part also). Though it would have been great to see you, Rene and her family, and Cathy too... And Chip & Denver, oh and for sure Will & Megan

4. I met Aunt Clopate's (not sure if spelled right, so if someone that's on that side of the family could tell me different, I don't mind changing) son today, (though i am sure more than likely i had met him previously, but hey we all grow up) dad introduced me to him, I can remember when i was a kid going down to what i called Driggerville and spending time with her... I use to love to go and see her, she was a cool lady in my book!

5. You know a lot of people would be able to tell you the exact Road number and sign that you turn to get down to New Brockton, the funny thing is, (now if you all know me and have been in the car with me driving) I am the one to tell you, turn right at the light with the Burger King, and keep driving a bit, until you come to the light, then you drive till you see the BIG white house, and turn right.... Well as I learned today, I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT MESSES UP AND MAY HAVE TO TURN AROUND BECAUSE SHE MISSED HER TURN!!!! Right, Alice? Jennifer?? But you know we all knew that when we saw aunt eloise's house, that we were right down the road from Bethany....

6. Well before everyone left today, they got everyone that was in the Howard Lamb family together (24 of us) and had us all stand/sit together and get a picture.... (Me & Alice kept asking if they had a BIG enough lenses to capture everybody)... They kept telling mom, that they couldn't see her face.. Bless her heart.... (WHEN I GET A COPY OF THE PICTURE I WILL POST ON HERE FOR EVERYONE)

Well, I had to post some thoughts and Questions about the Reunion on here for my family and friends... I hope that everyone is doing great and for those that I didn't get to see today, I hope to see you all soon...

***Oh by the way, shout out to my cousin Will (Southwell), I heard about the hand, I hope it gets better real soon... Oh and you look great on the cup***

No comments: