December 27, 2007

WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE AN OLDER COUSIN

WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE AN OLDER COUSIN!!!!!



You know i always adored my older cousins': Connie, Cathy, Jennifer, Alice, Brandi (there in order of age). I always loved spending time with all of them!!!

When the parents would go to Aunt Sissy, Cathy would always come and get me and take me somewhere else so i wouldn't have to be around the grown folks, and then I always stayed at Connie's house during the night, she always opened her home up to me, even though she had a son younger than me!! Thanks Connie i really appreciate it! ~ Those are memories that have been burned into my heart and I love you for it!!

Furfer has really become an awesome older cousin in the last 2yrs! She always has been, but I guess we finally found are notch on the tree of being a Driggers! And she has learned to always know when to make me laugh and when to sit down and be the mother type!!

Alice, what can I say, I have spent many of nights/weekends with her, she is one that really showed me how to be a driggers' and that it's okay to go down and see family! She always made the road trips fun, (partially because i always road with her/or at least tried to ride with her)!!

Brandi, what can i say i always tried to be at deerfield with her, or be at Granny BooBoo's when she was there. I can say that as a child i spent a whole lot more time with mom's side of the family, from the friday night's at granny's (to me telling my mother when she would drop me off, to leave me at the top of the road and i would walk down)!! That street sure was a lot safer back in the day!! To a plate full of french fries and homemade pizza's at night, to Bobbie Jean waking us up Saturday morning @ 6, to granny saying whatcha want for breakfast in 25 words or less??!!! To trick or treating around the neighborhood you in costume, me in jeans. To crazy ole dean bat, to Charley Brown scaring the heebee jeebies out of us with his mask, to Mr. Murfee with his practical jokes (a different one every year)!! There a lot of memories i have with you B. Thanks!!! and i love you for each of them!!

Well enough rambling, I am thankful for my older cousins, and just hope that i can be an awesome "older" cousin too!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I think you are making a pretty good "older" cousin, Pug!! I know Bryana & Dylan really love "their" Pug!!