April 7, 2008

To Remember

Well I went a couples of weeks ago to visit my uncle rex at his job to check on him and see how things were going, and he nearly bought tears to my eyes, we got to talking about Mrs. Bertha, and remembering what an awesome friend she was to him, well i couldn't stay long with him, but he had me thinking about Mrs. Bertha and all that she did for me!

See I have know Mrs. Bertha since i was very small kid, when mom use to take me up to where dad use to work (the late night shift) and I Mrs. Bertha always fascinated me, mom use to tell me that would be the first person i would search for when i got up there! What can I say she always made me feel special, well her & Mrs. Minnie did.

I can remember being a very small child up there once and Mrs. Bertha & Mrs. Minnie took me down to the cafeteria with them for lunch one day. Boy did i think i was the coolest person ever, I got to go and hang out with the grown-ups no parents!!! I walked hand in hand with the two of them, anytime they would pass someone in the hall that they knew, the first words out of there mouth's were, who's little girl do you all have?? Mrs. Bertha would always say, Mine!!! Isn't she beautiful???

Through out the years, and now it has been 26yrs, Mrs. Bertha was the one that always make me feel like i was part of her family, she even acted like another mom, alsways asking how i was doing, how i was feeling, how was life, had i found prince charming????

So Uncle Rex, thanks for helping to remember one of the special people in my life!!!

No comments: